Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Training > Pottytraining/Housetraining > Help!

Help!

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
Jennifuse
Contact Me
I have a 4 month old baby snorkie who will go outside to potty but she then goes in and hides and poops. How do you deter this behavior? Secondly she has and issue if you don't get to her in time eating her feces. How do you deter this behavior also. I am so at my last strand of hair dealing with this behavor. When you tell her, "Bella No Poop in the House" or "Bella No Eat Your Poop" and shake your NO NO finger at her she looks at you like she understands that you don't like that behavior but continues to do so! Just to clear things up she will Poop outside and is givin all the time possible to tend to herself and is never rushed. Any and all Help is welcomed.

abbylane
Contact Me
Hi: My sister got a pup 5 months ago and she has him and her enroled in puppy training classes to teach them how to behave and control thier pup. They also are taught about the cage training so that my help with your problem as well. abbylane visit us at http://www.heavenpeturns.com
Jennifuse
Contact Me
Our family is not looking for crate training although I do thank you for the thought. However the puppy training classes sound like a great idea.
sands904
Contact Me
Hello Jennifuse! Sorry to hear about your troubles. Potty training can be a very difficult thing for some dogs. Be patient and consistant, it can be VERY hard, but she will come around. Peeing and Pooing are really two different things to a dog. Some will catch on to both easily and some will get one and not the other for a while. I agree that crate-training is a good suggestion. The key to potty training is to keep them from doing it wrong (ie: going in the house). Think of it like trying to quit smoking, everytime you have another one it is that much harder to quit. If done properly and from a young age crate training can be a great thing. Two of our dogs hate their crates because we didn't do it properly but our third one loves his crate and will go in there during the day to sleep. It is a really good thing to get them used to in case they ever have to be boarded if you go on vacation or they have to stay in the vet for a surgery, grooming, etc. The more they are used to being in a crate the less stressful it is for them during those times. As far as eating the poo, unless you have trained her she has no idea what waving your finger means. She has probably associated your finger waving with you being upset but really has no idea why you are upset. I would suggest teaching her the "leave it" command and that way you can tell her to leave it when she goes near it. One of our dogs tries to eat poo occassionally and this works but we also make sure to go pick it up everyday so there isn't any extra lying around. I have read feeding them a little pineapple can also help make them not want to eat it. Hope this helps! Best of luck!
chicochay
Contact Me
prevention is the key ! you know when she goes and does it, dont let her sneak off and have the opportunity to do it. if you dont want to use a crate you can use a leash and keep her with you so she cant sneak off or if you are confident you can keep an eye on her and know her where abouts all the time (put a bell on her collar) and can recognize her behavior before she does the mistake and redirect her you will get her trained very quickly BUT you must be consistant and never allow a mistake and you will see improvement but its all you and not her! its what you allow she needs guidence and consistancy and positive reinforcement. she is a puppy and will be "puppy" for quite some time she will be learning so much so dont leave her to make mistakes and create bad habits. They develope mentally until 2 years or even later. if they are left to react on thier own they will ultimately make the wrong choices
rkthorne
Contact Me
[:)] I have a 8 month old Schnorgi...She was totally potty trained by 10 weeks. I recently had her spayed and now she has regressed to having accidents in the house. She will sneak off and make her mess...I have had to resort to keeping her on a leash and with me at all times. If I can't take her with me I use a crate and she is really good with that! Last night I took her collar and leash off to get her ready for bed, I turned my back for just a moment and she pooped behind the plant in my bedroom! So it is a battle of wills at this time...[:(!] I am hopeful that this stage will pass soon and I can once again trust her to freely roam the house...in the meantime, the leash and the crate are our friends as well as the OXY Clean! [:D]
undercoverangel
Contact Me
[:D]THIS IS A FOLLOW UP TO MY PEKEHUND, DINKY. WE STRUGGLED TO HOUSEBREAK HER FOR ALMOST A YEAR. THEN WE TOOK HER OUT OF TOWN AND HAD TO USE A LEASH. SHE CAUGHT ON IMMEDIATELY AND AFTER WE ARRIVED HOME SHE HAS STARTED SCRATCHING AT THE DOOR TO GO OUT. NO MORE ACCIDENTS INSIDE!!!! SO, TO EVERYONE STRUGGLING TO HOUSEBREAK...DON'T GIVE UP. MATURITY HELPS TOO SO HANG IN THERE!
gingergirl

For eating poop, feed the puppy fresh pineapple in their diet.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund