Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Breed Specific > Bullkita > Bullkita, Need advice, even non bullkita owners.

Bullkita, Need advice, even non bullkita owners.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
hettybandit
Contact Me
Hi im heather, im a first time bullkita owner, i have had a bulldog before and a bordeaux, but this breed is extremely new.. i got him when he was 6weeks old pick of the litter, and wow i now know the cutest dont stay the cutest! He terrorises my house, i cant leave things on the kitchen worktop because its gone in 2seconds, anything that fits in his mouth he eats, he barks alot, and seems to think being naughty is fun. but as soon as hes outside hes brilliant, stays by you off the lead runs off then runs back, hes great so i can only assume hes attention seeking because hes not outside, i love him to bits and yes he is driving me mad at the moment as i have 2 kids so until he calms down he has to stay in the kitchen until theyre in bed.. my question is, how did you train a whirlwind dog? how old were they? and will getting him neutered actually make a difference?? Any advice would be amazing!! thanks all you mix owners, its nice to see a bunch of people who dont breed a dog till they have problems! :)

Heather

bandit
Contact Me
Bandit is now 8 months old and we are his 3rd owners, he has setteled down from hettys previous description but as he is still a pup he does have his momments of madness around the house.He is very big for 8 months and its easy to forget he is a pup .our 5 year old daughter doesnt help as they are joined at the hip and very alike in cheekyness! one thing we are def trying to stop is his nipping which could be big problem if he deosnt stop this in the future,
emgerber
Contact Me
First of all welcome to DM. Sounds like you have your hands full. Sounds like a typical puppy. At least to me. I love spirited dogs with high energy. They are lots and lots of work. Training, Training, Training with calmness and consistency. I know it can get frustrating but every living things needs time to learn new skills. There are lots of great books you can get, and behavior class you can go to, to best assess and address both your dogs needs and your training skills. Even when they are naughty they do make you stay on your toes and they make you laugh all the time. That is the only way to get through the first 2 years.
emgerber
Contact Me
How are things going? I not seen a reply from you and would love and update.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund