Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Diet & Exercise > Exercise > How much exercise?

How much exercise?

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
emgerber
Contact Me
I would like to know how much exercise and what kind of exercise other dog owners make sure their dogs get on a daily bases. What things do you do on very rainy days to provide exercise for your dog? I try to aim for a 5 km walk daily plus a game of either ball or freezie for 30 mintues, we practice agility for about 20 minutes and many short periods of tug. I would really like to hear other ideas and thoughts. I have learned that exercise is key to keeping my dog happy.

corky95621
Contact Me
well on rainy days i take my dogs on a 2 mile walk. dont go very far because buster is only 7 months old. and im sure you are wondering why i walk my dogs in the rain haha, well to tell you the truth i bought doggie umbrellas that come attached to a leash so they stay dry but get to enjoy walks or potty time outside. with my older dog i like to do flyball and she loves it (she is very ball driven lol) i play fetch with my dogs inside and even run through my house and let them chase me. they absolutely love it! we play tug of war sometimes as well. i also take them to the lake and let them play around in the sand and water.
emgerber
Contact Me
You sure are a great dog owner. I know exercise is so important and not just for my dog but for me too. My dog gets 3 walks a day with one of them being at least 5 km. We also do allot of running she is passionate about running so we go to the high school track and she runs and runs and I even get some exercise. Both my dog and myself love being in the rain so rain does not stop us. She also loves the snow. We play fly ball and frisbee. She is amazing at picking the frisbee out of the air and she jumps incredibly high to get it. We also play find me, I hide and she has to fine me, we play tug, squeaky toy toss and practice agility everyday. As you can see I have a very high energy dog and I love to do things with her.
corky95621
Contact Me
haha i do all that too :D except for the agility part. havnt tried that with my dogs. and my dogs love the snow as well, well spackle does, this will be busters first snow so i am very excited!
emgerber
Contact Me
My girl loves the snow, she runs and rolls and lick it. She never wants to come in the house after a new fresh snow. We do have one problem with her long hair she brings in snowball attached to her coat. I have a puppy brush at my back door and we just brush it out. I am sure Buster will take the lead from Spackle and love the snow too. It is so comical to see dogs play in the snow.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund