Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Member Specific > New Members > Rottermans

Rottermans

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
Sugar01
Contact Me
I wonder if the AKC will ever recognize Rottermans as a new breed?  Many of their recognized breeds started out as mixes.  They are wonderful dogs & have a distinctive look about them.
Dave

duckysd
Contact Me
If they do, I hope they recognize Bullweilers Too! They're pretty unique looking also.
emgerber
Contact Me
I find that some of the Kennel Club members are bias toward Designer Dogs yet all dogs in their past have been crossed in order to create that given breed. It takes a long time and lots of history to get an animal recognized. I truly hope your wish comes true, but remember it is only a piece of paper and does not make your dog any more or less important.
corky95621
Contact Me
AKC will NEVER allow designer dogs. This group is very strict on their breeds and dont even allow some PUREBREDS into their group. They even had to change the name of the american pitbull terrier so that it did not include the name pitbull in order for the dog to be shown. I have a white doberman pinscher that is AKC registered but he is on strict registration where i cannot show nor breed him. I'm sure sometime down the road when people get over the whole omg designers are not a breed of dog you cant just throw any two breeds together and call it a breed hype that im sure some group will allow them into it. the only thing about that is you cannot have a designer breed in a conformation ring. there is no standard to a designer breed. so far i think the only breeds that come out looking the same are the labradoodles and golden doodles. but with other mixes the body shapes and coat styles come out so differently its hard to have a set standard to judge the breeds by. just my thought. but trust me i would love to show my pinneranian in comformation cuz she is gorgeous! but you can always do other things with your dog like flyball, agility, and all that stuff which is fun my dogs love flyball.
emgerber
Contact Me
What does having a AKC registration give you other than a piece of paper and of course if you are interested in competing conformation, breed standards, and lots and lots of rules. I have heard lots and lots about the cheating that also go along with it. Like dying hair or fur and making other changes to the dog which are not nature produced but man produced. I also know people are very selective on which judge is at a give conformation show because some judges a preference in one direction more than another. I know my dogs history back 4 generations and have met some of the dogs that are part of who she is. She is a 4th generation Cock-A-Mo and all the dogs we have met have many, many similarities. We also have found another Cock-A-Mo in Texas who could pass as a twin to our girl but does not have any blood line link. Our girl competes Agility and must demonstrate a sequence of skills without faults. It does not matter what judge, the sequence presented at the sanctioned trial and faults cannot be altered you either can do it or not. I sure am glad my dog just loves being a dog and has no preference, or even cares if she is registered, purebred, designer mix she just wants a family to be part of.
corky95621
Contact Me
well said! i totally agree with you. most people i know see AKC papers as a way to make more money off a dog just because of the fact it comes with a piece of paper. which only matters if the dog is show quality and you have the intentions of showing the dog, other than that it doesnt mean crap for a companion animal. and i saw your cock a mo and think it is absolutely GORGEOUS! i would love to own one of those as my next designer dog but have no idea where to find them. will have to keep my eyes out for one when the time comes.
emgerber
Contact Me
Every dog is gorgeous in it own way but thank you for saying so.  It is just so important,  more than anything else to just be kind and  gentle to your dog. They give that to their owner a hundred times over. Purebred or designer their loyalty and bond to there owner is more valuable than anything else.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund