Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > General Topics > General Discussions > Dogs & Television

Dogs & Television

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
sands904
Contact Me
I have heard for a long time that dogs cannot see TV. I have had doubts about this as well as it has often looked like my dogs were staring at the TV and actually watching it. I have heard arguments that this is because of the sound and moving colors on the screen. Last night I was about to sit down and watch an episode of 'Underdog To Wonderdog' that I had previously Tivo-ed. I had it paused on a screen with a clear picture of a dog staring straight ahead while I was was in the kitchen. I heard Logan bark. I came around the corner and he was on the floor staring at the TV. Keep in mind the TV was paused so there was no movement nor sound to accompany this picture. I picked him up and held him level with the television. He starred at the screen trembling slightly and growling lowly which he also does when he sees dogs out our front window. He was even sniffing at the direction of the dog on the screen as if trying to smell it like he would a real dog. After this I am convinced that they can see what is on the TV screen. Any thoughts or experiences?

sycadoog
Contact Me
I have to agree. I have often caught my dogs looking at and responding to the TV. My dogs will often bark back at the dogs on TV.
dekloss
Contact Me
I also have to agree. I have caught my puppy watching tv and barking at the dogs on the screen several times.[:)]
bernobern
Contact Me
Absolutely! Our Beabull, Maggie, reacts every time there is a dog on TV and will bark and run up to the TV to get a closer look! She also growls at "bad guys" on TV when there is scary music playing and she reacts to other animals, especially monkeys, when she sees them on TV. Our other two dogs who are purebreds don't give the TV a second glance, though. Strange.
joodster219
Contact Me
Oh, my jackapoo "so" loves the t.v. She's addicted to the food network. If I can get a photo of her, I will post it. My husband and I laugh at her, but she will stop and look at us and do the second glance like "wha". Any time she hears another dog bark she will bark back. They definitely watch t.v. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! A lot smarter than some lead them to be![^]
SmasheyGirl
Contact Me
I totally agree. I have a little 7 Month old black Labrador cross Mstiff and she's always barking at other dogs on the tv and sometimes even the ball when we are watching football...!
bman

I completely agree with that. i have two dogs and any time we watch any movie or show that involves dogs the will bark when they hear barking and if they hear a doorbell or a knock they run to the door and bark like mad even when its the middle of the night.
bman

I completely agree with that. i have two dogs and any time we watch any movie or show that involves dogs the will bark when they hear barking and if they hear a doorbell or a knock they run to the door and bark like mad even when its the middle of the night.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund