Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Breed Specific > Borador > Any Borador's Out There?

Any Borador's Out There?

Replies: 1 - 12 of 12
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
cobaltcandy
Contact Me
I am completely in love with my 5 month old borador Keagan, and was just wondering if there were any other owners out there?

saiello329
Contact Me
Hi, I understand that the Borador breed is very rare, I live in New Jersey and im very interested in the breed. Do you know of any breeders around the east coast?
cobaltcandy
Contact Me
No, sorry. :/ I got Keagan from a farm out by my mom's house. I just got lucky i guess... I don't even know any breeders up here in the midwest. What do you like about the breed? Well Best of Luck!
UniqueMixes

Interesting to see people into this mix, so hopefully my pups have good futures. Due to an accidental(was supposed to be a purebred B.Collie Breeding) we have some Border Collie Labrador Puppies. Not close to where you are, but in the Pacific N.W.
cobaltcandy
Contact Me
That's great! I wish the best of luck! I wasn't sure how the hyper persona would go over, but honestly, the litter I got Keagan from pretty much all turned out to be mellow, laid back pups.We've kept in touch with the owners of the parents, and a few pups went to our family members. Of course a few got the hyperness (is that a word? lol) but overall, it was a great mix. I just love how Keagan has the energetic, happy, and loyal side to him, but he also has a really mellow, calm side. Sometimes accidents can be the best things, so I really hope you get a good litter. :D
dekloss
Contact Me
I got my Borador at an adoption fair in March, I just lover her. She is the sweetest dog I have ever owned. I take her with me everywhere I can. I even signed her up for puppy classes, and I have never done that before. she's so much fun.[:)]
Gracie2010
Contact Me
Hi I recently adopted a puppy who i have been told a Borador. She is all white with some black markings on her face and lot's of spots on her body. She is 5 months old and weigh 38lb! Is there a way to attach photos to this discussion so you all can see my puppy?
Dee604
Contact Me
I have a 4 year old Borador. Her name is Missy. She is very sweet and hipper I mean very hipper.
StephB

I just love my border collie/lab mix Kaycee.

Boradors are very common in Kentucky animal shelters- probably due to accidental breeding. I was originally looking for an Australian Shepherd (the breed I have the most experience with) and saw tons and tons of Border collie/lab mixes. I ended up falling in love with my Kaycee and decided to adopt her. Best decision I ever made.

Kaycee's incredibly loyal, sweet, playful, and friendly to everyone she meets. She hates to be alone, and she loves her "sister" Mika, our boston terrier. They're both a year and a half old and have grown up together.

Kaycee is full grown and she is 50 pounds. She has hair that is longer than a lab's but shorter than a typical border collie's. She has longer hair on her tail than anywhere else. She has the white border collie markings on her face, chest, back of her neck, and paws. She has floppy ears like a lab's that perk up a lot.

You need to keep an eye on Boradors- if you aren't paying attention they WILL get into mischief! Kaycee had really bad destructive tendencies when she was younger. It took a lot of time to train her out of it, and we had to make sure she always had something to entertain her. She doesn't chew things up anymore, and knows what things are off limits and which things are toys she can play with.  We still have to keep her and Mika in a large dog crate together with some toys when we are not home- it keeps her happy and out of trouble.

She is very energetic and needs a fenced yard to run and play in. When I first got her we lived in an apartment, so I would take her to the dog park several times a week. The past year we have had homes with big yards for her to play in. She's not particularly hyper, she has a normal amount of energy most of the time, but once in a while she will get a crazy streak and zoom around the yard a hundred times and then flop down exhausted. She loves to play fetch, swim, chase the garden hose, and play fight with Mika. (But Mika's very small compared to her, so she is gentle.) She is a good hiking buddy- unless she sees a bird and tries to take off after it. We have to keep her on a leash and hold her tight- she is VERY strong. But lately she has been listening to us more and doesn't tug on the leash.

She was pretty much silent until she was a year old. Now when we talk to her, she will talk back to us, barking a lot. She will speak on command now (the trick that took the longest to teach her, everything else she learned in about a week but speak was very difficult). 

She is my cuddle buddy and likes to sleep on our feet on the bed, and lay on the couch and watch TV with us. She follows me around everywhere like my shadow. She's always watching over me to make sure I'm okay. If I am sad she will just lay with me and be my cuddle buddy. When I am stressed she will be goofy or bring me toys to play fetch, and it always cheers me up. She just brings so much joy to my life. Both my dogs do.

Kaycee's such a wonderful dog. I love her like crazy! Boradors are a great breed and incredibly smart. Smart dogs can be a challenge- you gotta be one step ahead of them at all times! But once they're about this age they are eager to please and don't get into too much trouble- as long as you're watching them. Kaycee is really great, and I'd highly recommend Boradors to anyone who has the space and the time to devote to them. They are so entertaining and will be your best friend for life.
StephB

Also- Boradors appear to be great with kids. Kaycee has been around young children (4-6 years old) and newborn babies and she has been incredibly gentle with both. She seems to understand that they are fragile. She is calm and sweet around newborns and doesn't get too nosey. With young children she is playful, but gentle, and doesn't run around them, jump, or knock them over. I am confident that she will be a great big sister when we have kids. :)
emgerber
Contact Me
Wow sounds like there are some Borador owners on this site looking forward to connecting. I love to read about the traits of the many mixes. Sounds like you have a wonderful puppy.  Welcome to the designer mixes web site.
Ethia
Contact Me
Hello everyone! So I've wanted a dog for a couple of years now. After going through lists and lists of different dog breeds and types I finally realized that I wanted a Borador. My only problem is that I can't find any breeders in my area. I'm in South Dakota. Does anyone know where I can find any???
RonHarrod
Contact Me
We would like to make available a litter of Borador puppies, but we need a Borador sire for an intact female Borador named Grace. You can read all about her and see pictures here. Please respond with any leads you may have. Thanks.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund