Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Member Specific > New Members > New to this website. I have a blue merle pinneranian and a black and white chipom

New to this website. I have a blue merle pinneranian and a black and white chipom

Replies: 1 - 13 of 13
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
corky95621
Contact Me
hey guys. so i have a blue merle pinneranian that is 3 years old and a chipom or chiranian that is now 7 months old. i was wondering if any of the members here breeds their designer dogs because my mother really likes them and wanted one. she is looking for a chihuahua mix or a pomeranian mix but nothing that is mixed with daschunds or brachycephalic breeds. any help would be fantastic. we are locating in the sacramento CA area. also if anyone here has a chiranian or pinneranian feel free to message me for play dates if you are in our area :D :D i would love to meet other doggies like mine.

emgerber
Contact Me
I certainly do not have the mix that you have but I wish I lived closer I would take you up on the play dates. My dog is very well socialized and just love to get out with other dogs and play, and wrestle and run and run. I live in Ontario,o Canada which is many many miles north east of you. Welcome to Designer Mixes I still hope we can become good friends. You have good wisdom and knowledge about dogs. I have seen it in your posts.
corky95621
Contact Me
yes dogs are my passion. I spend most of my days learning about different breeds and what not. I have also worked for several pet stores and now work for PetSmart. i also plan on attending vet tech school next year so i look forward to that. I have a friend that lives in ontario, canada. she owns a white doberman pinscher, as did i before he passed on from heart problems.
emgerber
Contact Me
So you are in the pet business that is why and how you know so much about dogs. Well I am going to just keep picking your brains. I want what is best for my girls. Manufacturers are so interested in selling their produces and making money it is hard to know what is good and what you should totally stay way from. Thanks!
corky95621
Contact Me
yea if you ever have any questions about a product feel free to ask i can let you know if it is totally bogus or worth the buy. being that i have worked for pet stores for over 5 years now i try many different products so that i have first hand knowledge when asked about a certain item from a customer. and i also know when things are being recalled before the public does.
emgerber
Contact Me
Thank you so much for offering to be my personal dog information support. We have a Petsmart about 1/2 hour drive from our place. I would like to know if they carry dog sunscreen and what you think is a good product. We are just entering our winter but it would be nice to know for the spring and summer. I have never used it and did not even know it existed.
corky95621
Contact Me
they usually carry sunscreen during the summer time, but also like how some dogs can be bathed with baby shampoo because it is mild and gentle the same goes with sunscreen for babies. it is also what i used on my doberman to keep him from getting burned. he also wore sunglasses when we had our walks outside because the sun made him squint (he had blue eyes)
emgerber
Contact Me
Interesting, I have found if you are in the know there are allot of human products that are very safe to use on your dog and they also cost allot less. Our vet is great if she knows of something you can use that is cheaper but equally as good. I know when our dog competes in agility and if it is a very wind day she gets sand in her eyes, so to protect her eyes the vet told us to us one drop of polysporin for the eyes in each eye the morning of the run. And it words beautifully and we have no problems, and our dog is not continuously rubbing her eyes try to get the sand out.
As for shampoo I purchase a special shampoo for dogs with white coats and it does a wonderful job without drying out her coat but also takes the stains that a white coated dog can get out of her coat. I do not have to bath her very often because by bushing her daily it keeps lots of her natural coat oils in her coat and these oils repel dirt. Many people comment on how clean and soft her coat is.
corky95621
Contact Me
yea thats why i use a puppy shampoo on buster because it does not strip the natural oils from the dogs coats. sometimes at my work we use a degreaser on the dogs to strip the oils that way it is easier to shave or cut their hair for the summer time. although it is quite strange to see people bringing in pugs and beagles and having them shaved....specially during the winter...i dont understand why someone would do that.....lol oh well i guess whatever floats their boat! just hope they are keeping them extra warm! i also brush busters coat every day, helps to keep the shedding down and keeps his coat in great condition. he has pom in him so he has a bit of the hair but not crazy amounts of it just a cute enough "fluff" lol. when i first got him at 9 weeks he had fleas so i had to add a bit of salt to some shampoo to kill them since he was too young for a flea shampoo. i cant wait to move back to the sacramento area where they have tons of dog parks and small dog meetup groups, here in placerville there isnt much going on because people have a lot of land where their dogs can just exercise themselves which is sad to see because i know my dogs enjoy getting out and about and i walk them down main street where they have tons of old style shops and candy factories and what not and people love to stop and pet them and ask what they. hahah with spackle we always get "is that a toy cattle dog?" hahahaha just makes me giggle cuz i have never seen a cattle dog with australian shepherd markings! and the only dog park we have here is SUPER small and they charge you 20 bucks a month to use it! little lame if you ask me and they dont separate the big dogs from the little dogs and i dont like that because i have seen a few first hand deaths of little dogs that go and play in the big dog pen.
emgerber
Contact Me
I have never gone to a dog park in our area. I can find lots of trails and open areas were I take Khia to run and exercise. I have heard similar stories about the dog parks in my area so I was not taking any chances. The dog club we belong to has lots of dog socials and everyone that is there are people and dogs I already know and I prefer going to these socials.The dogs have tons of safe area to run and play. I also know that all the dogs are healthy and well with all their needles and other protection is up to date. I am not really paranoid but there are allot of bad dog owners.
corky95621
Contact Me
oh yea i totally understand! i go to the dog parks on certain days with the same group of people which is nice because we all talk about the raw diets and what not and give each other advice which is cool. i also have a nice bike trail here in placerville that is gorgeous! tons of deer, rabbits, birds and a nice little river that buster and spackle love to play in. its shaded by tons of trees and also for people who are jogging every few hundred feet has an exercise area with a different type of exercise posting, its not gym equipment but its exercise stuff build with poles and what not kinda like the stuff children play parks are made of. its pretty neat. lots of runners, bikers, and a few dogs (although wish they would pick up after them) and sometimes a few horses that Buster had a chance to meet one, was pretty funny.
emgerber
Contact Me
Nice, it is fun to spend time and talk with other dog people. We live out in the country and we are having some problem with Coyotes taking dogs and cats for food. This is also happening in a near by city. I got a extra long flex lead and when we are in the woods alone I need to keep her near. I would love to let her off lead but I do not want her to become food. When there is a bunch of us I will let her off lead because the Coyotes will not come around when there is a pack of dogs.
corky95621
Contact Me
yea one of my doberman friends in canada said something on facebook about there being a lot of coyote attacks on dogs lately. so sad to hear. she has one that has been off in the distance just watching her house so she is a bit worried. she said she keeps a gun by her back door just in case something were to happen. i doubt they would go after her dobermans but they might try and go for her little dog.
emgerber
Contact Me
Yes it is very true what she is saying. The other problem is usually coyote hunt by themselves but because they are breeding with the wolves or even worse the wild dogs they have started to hunt in pack so the Doberman may also be at risk.
I want to wish you and your fur babies a very Merry Christmas! We are just headed out for a big walk with Khia.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund