Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Training > Behavior > eating shoes

eating shoes

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
joshua07_2000

my dog Shya is a 1 year old pomimo and very playful she loves nothing better to play all day long but when left alone she will tear my wifes shoes up noone elses shoes just my wifes its almost strange she will dig through a pile of shoes just to get to hers my wife is really upset she just bought a new pair of sandles and they lasted 2 days and they are now in a better place YIKES

rachelc27
Contact Me
My 5 month old puppy loves shoes too. I got him to stop for awhile but he is back to chewing. The only way I can get him to stop is to put them in a closest or out of his reach.
sands904
Contact Me
Yes, unfortunately puppies chew [:D]. At around 5 months of age their are actually losing their baby teeth and cutting their adult teeth. Much like babies who are teething their mouth is in pain and chewing helps relieve some of the pain. You can give them cold baby carrots to chew on. You can also put some of their toys in the freezer and take that out and give it to them. The cold with help relieve some of the pain they are feeling. As you stated keeping items up that you do not want your puppy to chew on is the best prevention. Having a puppy is much like having a baby...everything on the floor goes in the mouth...[8D] If they are chewing on something they are not suppossed to, interrupt them to get their attention off that item and give them an appropriate item to chew on such as one of their toys. Then make sure you pet and praise them for chewing on the correct items. Aside, from being a puppy and cutting teeth dogs will also chew if they are bored so make sure they get plenty of daily exercise!
lyssa2124
Contact Me
I tried to put a drop of hot sauce on the heel of my shoes but I ended up with a dog that likes it.  He licked it off and still chewed on my shoes and now I just put shoes where my dog can't get to them.
MysticBell
Contact Me
The only way I found to stop it  is buy plastic shoe boxes, and spray the outside with a little pinesol. 

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund