Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Member Specific > New Members > Mulder my new Chipoo

Mulder my new Chipoo

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
manateelover
Contact Me
I've been here for about a month and just wandered into this area. I adpoted my Chipoo from my local shelter after I lost my black lab, Scully. Mulder stole my heart from the moment I saw him. After having a big dog for 9 years I wasn't sure what to do with a small dog, but Mulder has shown me that I don't have to do anything but love him. Mulder was just shy of 7 months old when I got him. His former owner provided all his shot info and breed info when they surrendered him. I have no idea why he was given up, but I'm glad that he came to live with me. The shelter told me that he was not leash trained and not socailized. They said that he was scared of cats and many other things. They would only adopt him out to someone who could work with him on these issues. I have yet to see any of these problems. He is great on a leash and he is very social with other dogs. He is not scared of my cats at all. He is very cautious about things, but not fearful. My only problem was finding breed info about the Chipoo when I started researching. That's how I found this site. I am finding that Mulder is very smart and energetic. He loves to take walks and to play with everyone and everything. He wants to play with my 2 cats, but the one was recently diagnosed with diabetes and he wants nothing to do with Mulder. The other one will chase Mulder around the house and Mulder loves every minute of it. After a very rough year with all my geratric animals, Mulder has brought a ray of sunshine into my life.

sophiesmom
Contact Me
Hi and welcome. I came here also to find out about my Chipoo when I got her. Sophie is the love of my life. She will be 6 months old on the 13th. Sophie does have a few issues but we are working hard on them. The newest one is her dislike/distrust of small children but I just keep introducing her to as many as possible hoping she will change her little stubborn mind. Nice to meet another Chipoo lover.
manateelover
Contact Me
Thanks! Mulder's main problem right now is he loves to jump at peoples faces to play or greet them. I'm getting ready to move in with my fiancee who has a 4 year old boy and I'm working hard with Mulder on this. He's learning quickly, but sometimes he forgets. He's also taken to walking around the deck on his hind legs while I'm grilling. It's so adorable. He's really a characher.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund