Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Food & Nutrition > Treats > Small dogs and proper chews

Small dogs and proper chews

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
sycadoog
Contact Me
I have some very samll dogs under 1olbs. and it is hard to find chews for them. The only ones I have found are teenie Greenies. Any suggestions for other chewy treats.

checkers
Contact Me
Checkers is a small dog - and let me tell you - I won't give him any kind of a chew ever again. I used to give him those little chews with filling in them - well, I guess we over did it - he got totally blocked up and we almost lost him - You can read his story on his website [url]www.signaturetrim.com [/url] Please be careful about anything you give. Now all he gets are marrow bones!
sycadoog
Contact Me
I do know how true that can be. I lost a dog years ago to a blocked intestine. He underwent surgery for it but never recovered from the stress of the surgery. We do limit the number of treats we give them and have found a source for tiny puppy biscuits that they love much better than any chewy treat.
bman

i have a small dog but i buy whatever treats but break them into very little bite size peices so he can eat them without hurting himself. i hope that helps, good luck!
sycadoog
Contact Me
We have recently tried the new treats from Beneful. They are easy to break into small piecse but I do have to be careful that they are to big to swallow whole or some of our dogs will bolt them down in one piece, even though I feed them all seperately.
emgerber
Contact Me
My dog get very limited treats. I only use them for teaching her a skill. I use totally natural products. I use apple, banana, cheese, and carrots is small pieces. She loves them and these items will not lead to a weight problem or food allergy problem. I am not a big supporter of processed dog food, just like I am not a big supporter of processed human food. Even if it is a bit of work I try to use food in its most natural state. I use frozen carrots for chews and they do a wonderful job in keeping my dogs teeth clean and tartar free.
corky95621
Contact Me
dont feed your dog ANYTHING from beneful. that is a crap company. dont feed your dog any food that you can buy at a grocery store. those brands have been known to kill dogs SPECIALLY the OL' ROY dog food. you can feed your dog frozen carrots and healthy treats like that. my dogs love watermellon and kiwi. also try bully sticks that are all natural and easily digested. they come in small sizes as well
emgerber
Contact Me
I have not heard from you in awhile. So what treats did you decided to go with? Did you try the frozen carrots as chews? The other great things about carrots as treats they do not add calories, they are healthy and they are inexpensive.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund